Saturday 4 June 2011

MonkeyFest!

The Armitage Bridge MonkeyFest is due again on the 2nd/3rd July and I'm going to miss it! Little did I know when I put myself forward to be the Chair of the Association of Green Councillors last year that the next Conference would clash with one of the best weekend events of the year. The Monkey Club in Armitage Bridge is a great community owned and managed club officially known as the Armitage Bridge Working Mens Club. It is much loved by it's members (of which I am one) and each year holds a beer festival with a barbecue and music.

Could there be anything better than sitting beside the stream on Dean Brook Road, Armitage Bridge drinking fine ales listening to music and tucking into a burger? The Green Party is sponsoring one of the barrels of ale this year as part of our contribution to the event. So if you don't have to be anywhere else make a date with MonkeyFest next month - you lucky folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment